Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boredom

Right now I am sitting in the CFCC library looking for a distraction. Finals are coming up, which is always bitter sweet. Sweet because it means...FINALLY A BREAK! Bitter because it means I will be spending the next week in good 'ole CFCC library cramming for that dreaded bio test and philosophy final and writting a fake lesson plan. I CAN DO IT! I keep repeating to myself, I can get through this, I will survive! I will make it to USF alive and not jaded, I will be able to teach my future student without completely discouraging them about their futures, I WILL NOT COMMIT SUICIDE! Ah, the motivation.
I spent the better part of the afternoon applying to jobs. I need a job, I need income I need an active savings account. Isn't that a novel idea? More than .25 in my savings? I want to leave Ocala with a couple grand and that is just not attainable on Publix wages, nor Publix hours. The glory of it all. I WILL SURVIVE! I have had to grow up and face that facts that I will not get those really cool jobs until I graduate from college, then everybody else will envious of my job, because I will no longer be obligated to work weekends. I will be allowed to read on the job, and hang out with teenagers for the rest of my life. I will have health insurance. And I will go to the places where I used to work and thank the Lord for getting me through college so that I could see how life is supposed to be lived. I will travel and have experiences...it will come...if I don't kill myself.
Philosophy paper was due today. Was it an A...I have no idea. I hope so. I'm going to pick up mikey from bball practice and find out what time I work this weekend. Only 3 more years of working weekends!! I can taste the freedom, and it is tasting pretty sweet.
Throws hands up in the air and screams...
"FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!!!"

No comments: