Monday, February 11, 2008

Jobs

Today I finally made my way down to the Boys And Girls club to apply for a positon. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one. At this point, I am beyond sick of Publix, I have truly grown to despise this job, I always feel like I could be doing something better. It relates to nothing, and I don't feel like I accomplish anything but making money, therfore, no good. I need something that fulfills me and gives a sense of accomplishment and worthy. I need a job where I can feel that I am making my money but also serving. That is why I am so looking forward to teaching. I will have an oppurtunity to make a difference in lives of students, and while I understand that it won't happen in every student,with me, I will have the chance to try. I can provide love to students who may have none at home, encouragment to a child who feels they should just give up, and an education to a child who feels that they have nothing in life. I will be able to make a difference. THAT IS SO EXCITING! How could I deny this calling that God gave me, I can't. They money is not great, but when I think about, I will be a missionary to these students, and my work for Christ and His satisfaction is worth far more than any dollar amount ever could. I have finally accepted that in my life, that I can't deny God's plan for me.
This weekend is the Winter Retreat, Gravity. I am going as a leader for the first time, 8th grade girls. It should be an interesting weekend, I am already encountering times when I wind up giving the typical small group leader answers like:"Trust God" "Give it up to God" "Pray about it" I used to hate these responses. But the more I grow in Christ the more I see how true they are. Hopefully my girls don't think that these are just the answeres I am giving them because I don't know anything else, I pray that they know I mean it. I think I stress it enough.
Valentines Day is this weekend, it will be another anti-love day on my part, but that is another blog for another day.

No comments: