Thursday, February 14, 2008

love

Last night around 11 o'clock pm I decided to check my mail. Everybody else was in bed, most likely sleeping as I seem to be on of the few night owls left in my house. All of a sudden I hear the door knob of the locked front door start to jiggle, I get out of my chair to go let who I think is Kent in, then I stop dead in my tracks. Kent is in Washington. I can't breathe, I run to my room and make sure my outside entrance door is locked(not even thinking mind you to tell somebody i.e. a parent) running right past the unlocked garage door. Then I hear the dreadful noise, the garage door opens,and shuts. I am having a major panick attack in the bathroom, what do I do? I am on the verge of tears trying to figure out if I should call somebody or just fight them off, or scream or what. Then it happens, the intruder comes in bathroom, I am going to die tonight, "Hey Jenny what's up!?" OH MY GODSH!! Beth comes walking in, I was two seconds literally away from pissing my pants.
Valentines, while for single people it does tend to have a negative conotation to it, it is truly about loving unconditionally. About dying for the love you have for others, and about not caring what others say about your love for others. I truly love my family. They mean everything to me, as well as my friends. Where would I be without BFFs? And then there is of course the inevitable application to this thought to God. I would like to say I would be able to be similar to St.Valentine and endure a massacre for my beliefs. But are they that strong? I have never been put to a test so drastic as life or death, I have always been able to go back and fix things when God has put me through the depths of life's valley's. There have always been chances for me to run back and fix things, but death is different. I know that I am forgiven for all sins, and I have accepted Christ as my ultimate savior and I am not affraid to die. So if a gunman put his gun to my head and asked if I believed in Christ, and I know that if I said yes I would die, would I say yes? I suppose that it would have to under what circumstances, and I know that is not the "right answer" but I am being honest here. If I were with my family,I would say yes, because I know that they would all say yes as well, and it would be easier to part,because it would be momentarily. But, what about that one close friend whom you are unsure of their walk with Christ? What would I do in that situation? Could I say yes? I think I could, but put in the situation, would I? Theorizing it and so forth is so much different than actually being there.

I would say yes, because no friend could ever compare to that of Christ's love, and all of eternity in His palace. Yes, I would die for Chirst. And yes, I would die for loved 0nes.
Not such a happy thought on such a happy holiday.
BEST WISHES ON THIS LOVING HOLIDAY!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love you Baby Jen Jen!!! Hope ya'll have fun this weekend... Ando don't forget to lock the doors... ;-)