Thursday, February 7, 2008

Life



Waving at Cars on I-75 with Mikey! WE MADE IT!
Isn't it odd how one moment you feel as though you have your whole life ahead of you and then the very next you are baffled as to what your next step should be. I am 19 years old, I will be 20 this year, what a crazy time in my life. And while I feel as though I should start growing up and planning to be a big kid, I am also perplexed by the thought of letting these precious years slip through my grip. I want to savor every illegal action, every picture, every moment, every goofy IM, every silly blog and every copied homework assignment, but I want to be prepared for that leap into independence. Will I be ready? Certainly the answer I should give myself is, God will be there, but is that all the preperation I need. No. I need to prepare not only my mind but my heart for the adventures ahead, and while I plan on enjoying every last ounce of life, I also plan on being ready for what is to come. I am one to know every detail of unexpected, things, espically life, never go as planned. When you deal with the amount of loops and drops in the roller coaster of life as I have you learn that the only hand that you can count on holding is Gods. Because, everyone else, whether they mean to or not, will get scared and jump out of the moving car on you. All you can do is squeeze Gods strong hand and keep you eyes open because you may just miss some of his miracles in action.
This past weekend was an eventful one to say the least. Friday morning I woke up with an unexpected case of pinkeye(boo), but resulted in an excuse not go to work(YAY!). Saturday was a day in the house, trying to not look like a freak with a pink puffy eye, no fun and I think dealing with a dissappointed friend, but things are fine now. Saturday night we were planning on going to a local show, but I bailed out for several reasons one of which was that I was just plain scared to go. There had been some talk about pretty major violence at this show, on one of the message boards I am involved with, and I just had a feeling that things would not be good. Regretfully, Scott, the owner of the Capitol, was pretty hurt by some of the tough guys at the show, God just really told me not to be there. Currently I seem to be the only one to offer up any information on who the guys are, stupid Capitol staff. I am so thankful that I had the knowledge to not go there that evening and the ability to help Scott and his family bust these guys. Pray for them. THEN SUNDAY! Finally I went on the hike I had been hoping for. It was so fun, Beth, Mom, Me, and Mikey hit the 13 mile trail, and only did 2 1/2, but the cool thing was going over the land bridge which crosses I-75! We go to wave at cars as they made their merry way off to the Magic of Disney World. It was a good time for the Copley's a time we don't always get to spend with each other. Then I got sick! Fun times!

No comments: